Change of port for Fjord Line – Langesund in Norway will not be called any more
When the two Fjord Line vessels MS Stavangerfjord and MS Bergensfjord resume service in May and June, respectively, to their refurbishment, they will operate permanently to Bergen-Stavanger-Hirtshals-Kristiansand route.
By moving the port of call from Langesund to Kristiansand, Fjord Line we want to strategically strengthen the route between Hirtshals and Kristiansand to be able to offer passengers a fantastic offer with a wide range of daily crossings all year round. As before, the fastest alternative, the Fjord Line catamaran Fjord FSTR, will complement the offer to this route in spring, summer and fall.
Changes at a glance
The following route changes result from the changed port of call from Langesund to Kristiansand:
- Ferry Hirtshals-Langesund ”’ Ferry Hirtshals-Kristiansand
- Ferry Bergen-Stavanger-Hirtshals-Langesund ”’ Ferry Bergen-Stavanger-Hirtshals-Kristiansand
Short crossing time from Denmark to Norway
The crossing time for MS Bergensfjord and MS Stavangerfjord to Hirtshals – Kristiansand route will be 3 hours and 55 minutes. The crossing by catamaran fast ferry Fjord FSTR takes about 2 hours and 25 minutes.
For those who still want or need to travel via Langesund, the travel time by car between Kristiansand and Langesund is about 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Rebookings and cancellations
All affected customers will be or have already been contacted by Fjord Line. For already booked guests to ferry Hirtshals-Langesund there are now the following options:
- Travel from the new port of departure Kristiansand/Hirtshals – A travel allowance for the additional distance between Langesund and Kristiansand may be granted by Fjord Line if the guest incurs a detour to road due to the changed port. Please request this package via email@example.com to completing your trip.
- Cancellation for a full refund of the fare of the route concerned.
- Rebooking to a new travel date in 2023: There is no change fee or cost for a new date against the corresponding ticket (within the same season/period).