Scandlines current coronavirus information
The Scandlines shipping company Like many other ferry companies, is also affected by the consequences of the corona pandemic caused by the virus (COVID-19). The shipping company's ferries are currently operating as scheduled on all routes. Entry to Denmark has been possible again for all travelers since June 15th. Here you will find an overview of how Scandlines is handling the coronavirus, the ferry connections affected and entry requirements.
Table of Contents
These Scandlines ferries & connections are affected
|Gedser - Rostock ferry||runs according to plan|
|Puttgarden - Rodby ferry||runs according to plan|
|Ferry Rodby - Puttgarden||runs according to plan|
|Rostock - Gedser ferry||runs according to plan|
current Scandlines Corona information
Your safety is important to us At Scandlines, we always make sure that you find the best travel conditions. That is why we have put plenty of disinfectant and clearly visible distance markings on both our ferries and in the BorderShops. We are also up to date with the latest security measures and always correctly implement the requirements of the authorities. We are well prepared to welcome you again under the given conditions.
It is very important to Scandlines that you as a passenger feel safe at all times when you travel with us. This applies to your safety at sea as well as your safety in connection with the coronavirus (Covid-19).
- We follow the rules for hand hygiene and have set up additional containers with disinfectant for all passengers.
- We have put up posters with advice on how to avoid the transmission of the virus on all Scandlines ferries.
- We constantly clean all areas that are touched by many hands with disinfectant. These include door handles, railings, taps and push buttons for flushing the toilet.
Excerpt / source: Scandlines.de
Entry requirements for the Scandlines destination countries
Travel restrictions Denmark
Likewise Denmark reopened its borders on June 15, 2020. All trips to the Scandinavian country are again possible without restrictions.
Update 24.08.2020: With immediate effect, one applies to all public transport in Denmark, including ferries Mask requirement. During your crossing with Scandlines you are up to date obliged to wear a mask.
Update 23.10.2020: Denmark closes from 24.10.2020 the limits for German vacationers. Entry is only possible with a valid reason.
Exceptions & Good Reasons:
- business trips or Commuters are still allowed to enter.
- Schleswig-Holsteiner are allowed to enter. Exceptions for other federal states with low numbers of infections are currently being examined.
- Family visits are allowed
- You can rent a own holiday home in Denmark you can visit.
Travel restrictions Germany
There are currently no travel restrictions for travelers from Denmark to Germany.
Cancellation and rebooking of booked tickets
Whether and in what form you can get your booked ferry ticket Rebook or even cancel at Scandlines and the cost of this depends on various factors.
- When did you book your Scandlines ferry?
- When should the trip originally take place?
- In which Scandlines tariff did you book your ferry connection?
- Which entry requirements are currently valid and at the time of your trip in the destination country?
- Are there travel warnings from the Foreign Office?
- Have you taken out travel cancellation insurance?
Depending on how you can answer these questions, there are different options for yours Scandlines rebooking or cancellation.
Update 23.10.2020: Scandlines has adjusted the ticket conditions for ferry crossings until December 20, 2020 in favor of all travelers. You can now also use your Economy Extra Ticketwhich is actually excluded from rebooking, can be rebooked free of charge to any other departure by April 11, 2021. Flex tickets can generally be canceled and rebooked free of charge.
The best way to do this is simply to contact Scandlines. Here you will be told what you can do directly and precisely related to your booking.
Here you can find all information about the Scandlines tickets and tariffs.
* We have signed an agreement with Scandlines Deutschland GmbH. For every sale of Scandlines Deutschland GmbH products, we can receive a commission from Scandlines Deutschland GmbH