Mostaganem in Algeria attracts visitors with its lively history and cultural diversity. The city offers picturesque beaches on the Mediterranean, ideal for sun worshippers and water sports enthusiasts. Visit the Spanish fortress for a glimpse into the past or enjoy the local cuisine in the numerous cafés and restaurants. Mostaganem is a perfect destination for travelers looking for culture and relaxation.
Table of contents
Timetable, Prices & Availability
Enter your travel details in the connection search to check times, current prices and ferry availability in the port of Mostaganem.
Ferry connections from & to Mostaganem
Here you see an overview of all ferry routes which currently call at the port of Mostaganem:
|Country of origin & country of destination
|Number & Duration
|Ferry Mostaganem – Valencia
|7 times a week
|Ferry Valencia – Mostaganem
|7 times a week
16 hours 0 minutes
Brief information harbour Mostaganem
|Arabic, Tamazight, French
|Algerian dinar (DZD)
Addresses & Arrival
To make your journey to Mostaganem easier, you will find all the important addresses in the ferry port of Mostaganem here.
Address ferry harbour Mostaganem
|Route du Port
|Postcode & city:
Ferry terminals & other addresses
Balearia ferry terminal
Route du Port
GPS: 35.934785, 0.078616
Parking lot at the ferry port
Route du Port
GPS: 35.935458, 0.079277
Arrival by car
How to get to the Mostaganem ferry port in Algeria by car:
- From the east(Algiers): Take the A1 highway heading west. Take the exit towards Mostaganem (N17) and follow the Route du Port to the harbor.
- From the west (Oran): Take the A1 highway eastbound. Take the exit towards Mostaganem (N17) and follow the Route du Port to the harbor.
Arrival by bus & train
Public transportation in Mostaganem is limited, but there are buses and shared cabs that run close to the ferry port. Check the current timetables before you travel.
Arrival by plane
The nearest airport is Oran Es-Sénia Airport (ORN). From the airport, you can take a cab or bus to the city of Oran and then continue on to Mostaganem. Note that the distance from Oran to Mostaganem is about 70 kilometers.
Karte vom Fährhafen Mostaganem
Travel guide: Mostaganem: A hidden gem on the Mediterranean
Algeria’s coastal town of Mostaganem enchants visitors with its fascinating mix of historic architecture, picturesque beaches and vibrant cultures. Discover this secret treasure that elegantly combines history and modernity.
Places of interest and excursions
Mostaganem offers a variety of cultural and natural sights:
- Turkish Palace: A historical landmark that reflects the Ottoman architecture in Mostaganem.
- Sablettes beach: A popular meeting place for sun worshippers and water sports enthusiasts.
- Mostaganem Park: A green retreat in the city, ideal for walks and family outings.
- Port of Mostaganem: watch the ships arriving and departing and enjoy the fresh sea breeze.
- Pacha Mosque: One of the oldest mosques in the city, known for its impressive architecture.
You can enjoy numerous activities in Mostaganem:
- Beach walks: explore the beautiful coastline and enjoy the sunset by the sea.
- Local markets: Immerse yourself in the hustle and bustle and discover traditional crafts and local specialties.
- Water sports: take the opportunity to go sailing, surfing or jet skiing on Mostaganem’s beaches.
History of the place
Mostaganem has a rich history dating back to the 11th century. The city was an important port and trading point in the region and reflects a mixture of different cultures and eras.
Eating, drinking and shopping
Enjoy Algerian cuisine with dishes such as couscous and tajine in the local restaurants. Mostaganem also offers a wide range of shopping opportunities, from traditional markets to modern stores.
Mostaganem has a network of buses and cabs that make it easy to explore the city and its surroundings.
The city offers a wide range of accommodation, from charming guest houses to comfortable hotels to suit every budget.