Welcome to Pula, the charming Croatian port city. Immerse yourself in the rich history and admire the ancient Roman ruins, including the impressive amphitheater. Explore the narrow streets of the old town, enjoy delicious Croatian cuisine and let yourself be enchanted by the Mediterranean atmosphere. Discover the diversity of the city, visit sights such as the Temple of Augustus and the Sergian Arches. Experience unforgettable activities like boat trips to the surrounding islands and relax on the beautiful beaches. Pula will delight you with its beauty and history.
Table of contents
Timetable, Prices & Availability
Enter your travel details in the connection search to check times, current prices and ferry availability in the port of Pula.
Ferry connections from & to Pula
Here you see an overview of all ferry routes which currently call at the port of Pula:
|Country of origin & country of destination
|Number & Duration
|Ferry Pula – Venice
|4 times a week
3 hours 30 minutes
|Ferry Venice – Pula
|4 times a week
3 hours 30 minutes
Brief information harbour Pula
|Europe/Zagreb, Central European Time (CET)
Addresses & Arrival
To make your journey to Pula easier, you will find all the important addresses in the ferry port of Pula here.
Address ferry harbour Pula
|Riječki gat, Riva bb
|Postcode & city:
Ferry terminals & other addresses
Kompas ferry dock
Riječki gat, Riva bb
GPS: 44.874942, 13.846476
|Krilo Kapetan Luka
Krilo Kapetan Luka ferry pier
GPS: 44.876194, 13.846810
Parking lot at the ferry port
Ul. Svetog Petra
GPS: 44.877048, 13.846912
Electric Vehicle Charging Station - 2x Type2 22 kW
Trg Nimfeja bb
GPS: 44.873215, 13.847863
|Motorhome parking space
Croazia camper parcheggio
Arena Stoja Campsite, Stoja 37
GPS: 44.857299, 13.812542
Arrival by car
You can reach the Pula ferry port by car via various routes:
- From the north: If you are coming from Rijeka, follow the A8 highway to the Kanfanar exit. From there, take the A9 to Pula.
- From the south: If you are traveling from Rovinj, take road 303 and then 21 south to Pula.
Arrival by bus & train
There are bus connections to Pula from various cities in Croatia. The main bus station in Pula is connected to the Pula ferry port. If you want to travel by train, get off at Pula station. From there, you can walk to the ferry port or use public transport.
Arrival by plane
Pula Airport is the closest airport to the ferry port. From the airport, you can take a cab or bus to the ferry port of Pula.
Karte vom Fährhafen Pula
Travel guide: Welcome to Pula – Discover the ancient beauty of Croatia
Pula, a fascinating port city on the southern tip of Istria, awaits you with its rich history and impressive ancient architecture. With its well-preserved Roman amphitheater, charming alleys and picturesque coastline, Pula attracts visitors from all over the world. Immerse yourself in history, enjoy the Mediterranean flair and experience unforgettable moments in this enchanting city.
Places of interest & excursions
- The Pula Amphitheater: an impressive Roman amphitheater, one of the best preserved of its kind. Admire the architecture, explore the interiors and be enchanted by the events and concerts that take place there.
- The Temple of Augustus: An ancient Roman temple dedicated to the Roman Emperor Augustus. Marvel at the well-preserved facade and learn more about the history of the temple.
- The Sergian Arches: a magnificent Roman monument erected in honor of the Sergian family. Admire the ornate reliefs and impressive architecture.
- Beach fun: Pula offers beautiful beaches where you can enjoy the sun and crystal clear water. Relax on the beach, swim in the sea or try different water sports.
- Boat trips: Take part in organized boat trips and discover the surrounding islands and coasts. Explore hidden coves, snorkel in the turquoise waters and enjoy the picturesque scenery.
- Sightseeing: Stroll through the narrow streets of the old town, explore historic buildings and visit local stores and markets. Immerse yourself in the atmosphere of the city and discover its cultural diversity.
Food and drink and shopping
Pula offers a variety of restaurants where you can taste the delicious Croatian cuisine. From fresh fish and seafood to traditional meat dishes and Mediterranean delicacies – the culinary delights will delight you. Also visit the local markets to discover fresh regional products and artisan souvenirs.
In Pula and the surrounding area there are various means of public transport, including buses and cabs. The bus is a convenient way to explore the city and get to the surrounding towns. Bus services are well developed and from most tourist destinations.
Pula offers a wide range of accommodation, including hotels, apartments and private guest houses. You can choose between luxurious resorts by the sea, cozy boutique hotels in the old town or traditional country houses to the countryside. In the area of Pula you can also find campsites and cottages that will give you an authentic stay.
Discover the beauty and diversity of Pula, immerse yourself in history and enjoy the Mediterranean ambience. The charming port city will delight you with its unique atmosphere and cultural treasures.