The charming port city of Split bears witness to a history that was significantly influenced by Emperor Diocletian. In the 4th century he had a palace built here, which once consisted of thousands of buildings and whose imposing ruins and columns still dominate the image of the city today. Together with shops, cafés, waterfront promenade and beautiful beaches, Split also offers shopping and recreation.
Table of contents
Timetable, Prices & Availability
Enter your travel details in the connection search to check times, current prices and ferry availability in the port of Split.
Ferry connections from & to Split
Here you see an overview of all ferry routes which currently call at the port of Split:
|Country of origin & country of destination
|Number & Duration
|Ferry Ancona – Split
|4 times a week
9 to 11 hours
|Ferry Split – Ancona
|4 times a week
8 to 10 hours
|Ferry Split – Supetar
|2 times a week
|Ferry Supetar – Split
|2 times a week
|Ferry Bari – Split
|1 time per week
approx. 10 hours
Brief information harbour Split
|Europe/Zagreb, CET (Central European Time)
Addresses & Arrival
To make your journey to Split easier, you will find all the important addresses in the ferry port of Split here.
Address ferry harbour Split
|Gat Svetog Duje 1
|Postcode & city:
Ferry terminals & other addresses
SNAV ferry terminal
Gat Svetog Duje 1
GPS: 43.502903, 16.442403
Jadrolinija ferry terminal
Gat Svetog Duje b.b
GPS: 43.505187, 16.442205
Arrival by car
- From Zagreb: Take the A1/E71 highway south to Split. In Split, first change to the D8 and then follow the signs to the city center and then to the ferry port.
- From Dubrovnik: Take the Adriatic coastal road E65/D8 north to Split. In Split, follow the signs to the ferry port.
- From Rijeka: Take the E65 southbound Shortly before Split, take the A1 towards Split and then the D8. Then follow the signs to the city center and the ferry terminal.
Arrival by bus & train
Split is easily accessible by bus and train from various parts of Croatia. The main train station and the central bus station of Split are in the immediate vicinity of the ferry port. From here it is only a few minutes’ walk to the ferry terminal.
Arrival by plane
- Split Airport (SPU): Split Airport is located in Kaštela, about 20 km from Split city center. From the airport there are bus connections, cabs and car rental options to reach the ferry port.
The ferry port of Split is an important transportation hub for island and international ferry connections.
Karte vom Fährhafen Split
Travel guide: Split – The pearl of the Adriatic
Experience Split, a fascinating city on the Dalmatian coast of Croatia. Known for its rich history, stunning architecture and vibrant atmosphere, Split is a perfect mix of tradition and modernity.
Places of interest and excursions
- Diocletian’s Palace: An impressive UNESCO World Heritage Site that reflects the history and architecture of Roman times.
- Riva: The lively promenade is ideal for a relaxing walk with a view of the sea.
- Cathedral of St. Domnius: One of the oldest cathedrals in the world, famous for its impressive bell tower.
- Mestrovic Gallery: Dedicated to the work of the famous Croatian sculptor Ivan Meštrović.
- Marjan Hill: A green refuge, perfect for hiking with a fantastic view of the city.
- Krka National Park: A natural wonder with breathtaking waterfalls, just a short drive from Split.
- Peristil Square: The heart of Diocletian’s Palace, surrounded by impressive historical buildings.
- Split City Museum: Immerse yourself in local history and culture in this fascinating museum.
- Sailing trips: Discover the nearby islands and the beautiful Croatian coastline by boat.
- Culinary tours: Taste the local delicacies and wines and experience the diversity of flavors in Dalmatia.
- Beach visits: Enjoy the sun and the sea on the beautiful beaches around Split.
- Guided city tours: Explore the historical sights and hidden corners of the city with an experienced guide.
Eating, drinking and shopping
Split offers a variety of restaurants serving traditional Croatian cuisine and seafood. The city also has many boutiques and markets, ideal for shopping enthusiasts.
Split has a well-developed bus network that makes it easy to explore the city and its surroundings.
In Split you will find a wide range of accommodation, from luxurious hotels to charming apartments and hostels.
Split is a city full of life, history and beauty that enchants every visitor.