Welcome to Vancouver! Experience the best of city and nature on Canada’s West Coast. Admire the skyline, explore Stanley Park, stroll through historic Gastown and visit the popular Granville Island Market. Enjoy delicious culinary specialties, from fresh seafood to international dishes. Dive into a variety of activities like biking in Stanley Park, whale-watching tours and a trip to Grouse Mountain. Take advantage of the well-developed public transportation system and discover the ferry as a way to get there and back. Find a suitable accommodation in the different neighborhoods and experience Vancouver in all its glory. Off we go for an unforgettable adventure in this fascinating city!
Table of contents
Timetable, Prices & Availability
Enter your travel details in the connection search to check times, current prices and ferry availability in the port of Vancouver.
Ferry connections from & to Vancouver
Here you see an overview of all ferry routes which currently call at the port of Vancouver:
|Country of origin & country of destination
|Number & Duration
|Ferry Vancouver – Victoria
|CanadaVancouver Island, Canada
|7 times a week
3 hours 30 minutes
|Ferry Victoria – Vancouver
|Vancouver Island, CanadaCanada
|7 times a week
3 hours 30 minutes
Brief information harbour Vancouver
|Canadian dollar (CAD)
|America/Vancouver, PST (Pacific Standard Time)
Addresses & Arrival
To make your journey to Vancouver easier, you will find all the important addresses in the ferry port of Vancouver here.
Address ferry harbour Vancouver
|1055 Canada Pl #28
|Postcode & city:
|BC V6C 0C3 Vancouver
Arrival by car
- From the east (via the Trans-Canada Hwy/BC-1): Travel westbound on Trans-Canada Hwy/BC-1 Follow signs for Vancouver City Centre. The ferry port is located at Canada Place near the city center.
- From the south (via I-5 N): Drive north on I-5, cross the border into Canada and follow BC-99 N towards Vancouver City Centre. The ferry port is located at Canada Place.
- From the north (via the Sea-to-Sky Hwy/BC-99): Travel southbound on Sea-to-Sky Hwy/BC-99 to Vancouver. Follow the signs for City Center to the ferry terminal at Canada Place.
Arrival by bus & train
The Vancouver ferry port is well connected to the public transportation system. Use SkyTrain, buses or the SeaBus ferry to get to Canada Place. Check the current timetables and routes on the TransLink website.
Arrival by plane
- Vancouver Airport (YVR): From Vancouver International Airport, you can take the Canada Line SkyTrain to Waterfront Station and walk from there to the ferry terminal at Canada Place or take a short cab ride.
Karte vom Fährhafen Vancouver
Travel guide: Vancouver: A Pearl on Canada’s West Coast
Welcome to Vancouver, a city that captivates with its breathtaking location between mountains and sea. One of the most beautiful cities in the world, Vancouver offers a unique combination of urban life and nature experiences. Immerse yourself in the diversity and charm of this metropolis and let yourself be inspired by its numerous sights, activities, culinary delights and shopping opportunities.
Places of interest & excursions
- Stanley Park: Stanley Park is an absolute must when visiting Vancouver. Enjoy a walk along the waterfront, explore the green forests and visit the Vancouver Aquarium. The park also offers a breathtaking view of to city skyline.
- Gastown: The historic Gastown neighborhood is known for its cobblestone streets, old gas lanterns and the famous steam clock-Gastown Steam Clock. Here you will find charming boutiques, art galleries, restaurants and cafes.
- Granville Island: Granville Island is a cultural center with a lively market, theaters, craft stores and a variety of restaurants. Stroll through the market halls, enjoy fresh seafood and experience the creative atmosphere.
- Capilano Suspension Bridge: The Capilano Suspension Bridge is an impressive suspension bridge that crosses the Capilano River. Dare to step over the wobbly bridge and experience the thrill in the middle of the dense rainforest.
- Cycling in Stanley Park: Hire a bike and explore Stanley Park on two wheels. There are numerous bike paths that will take you through the park and along the coast.
- Whale-watching tour: Experience an unforgettable encounter with the majestic whales off the coast of Vancouver. Book a whale watching tour and observe orcas, humpback whales and other sea creatures in their natural environment.
- Grouse Mountain: Take the cable car up Grouse Mountain and enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of Vancouver. Whether hiking, skiing or ziplining, this mountain offers a variety of recreational opportunities.
Food, Drink & Shopping
In Vancouver, countless restaurants with a diverse culinary scene await you. Taste the fresh seafood the region has to offer and discover the international cuisines represented here. From trendy cafes to gourmet restaurants, there is something for everyone. In addition, Vancouver offers a wide range of shopping options, from well-known brands to individual boutiques. Visit Robson Street, Pacific Centre or the historic Gastown district to store to to heart’s content.
Vancouver’s public transportation system is well developed and provides a convenient way to get around the city. The TransLink network includes buses, SkyTrain trains and ferries that connect different parts of the city and neighboring cities. Purchase a Compass Card, which allows you to conveniently travel through the various modes of transportation.
Arrival and departure by ferry
If you want to reach Vancouver by ferry, there are different ferry terminals depending on which direction you are coming from. The Tsawwassen Terminal is located south of the city and offers connections to Vancouver Island and the USA. The Horseshoe Bay Terminal is located in the north of Vancouver and offers connections to the Sunshine Coast Islands. Find out in advance the exact departure times and addresses of the terminals to make your trip smooth.
Vancouver offers a wide range of accommodations to to different needs and budgets. From luxurious hotels to city or the sea to cozy bed & breakfasts and hostels, there is something for every taste and budget. Explore the different neighborhoods like Downtown, Gastown or Yaletown to find the ideal accommodation for you.
Vancouver is a city that will inspire you with its natural beauty, cultural diversity and vibrant atmosphere. Explore the sights, sample the delicious food, enjoy the activities and experience the unique blend of urban life and nature adventures. Vancouver will welcome you with open arms and create unforgettable memories. Get ready for an adventure in this fascinating city on Canada’s west coast.