The Croatian city of Zadar is widely known for its old town full of history. It lies on a peninsula and is surrounded by an imposing city wall with Venetian gates. Together with a Roman forum, churches, mountains and crystal clear water, the result is a picture that makes holiday dreams come true. Maybe a swim in the warm sea followed by a visit to the restaurant with local cuisine and sea view? Some days should never end….
Table of contents
Timetable, Prices & Availability
Enter your travel details in the connection search to check times, current prices and ferry availability in the port of Zadar.
Ferry connections from & to Zadar
Here you see an overview of all ferry routes which currently call at the port of Zadar:
|Country of origin & country of destination
|Number & Duration
|Ferry Ancona – Zadar
|5 times a week
|Ferry Zadar – Ancona
|5 times a week
Brief information harbour Zadar
|Europe/Zagreb, Central European Time (CET)
Addresses & Arrival
To make your journey to Zadar easier, you will find all the important addresses in the ferry port of Zadar here.
Address ferry harbour Zadar
|Gaženička cesta 28c
|Postcode & city:
Ferry terminals & other addresses
Jadrolinija ferry terminal
Liburnska obala 4
GPS: 44.117035, 15.227193
|Krilo Kapetan Luka
Krilo Kapetan Luka ferry terminal
Gaženička cesta 28c
GPS: 44.092130, 15.259785
Parking Zona A
GPS: 44.092820, 15.260188
Electric Vehicle Charging Station - 1x CHAdeMO 50 kW, 1x CCS 50 kW, 1x Type2 22 kW
Ulica IV. gardijske brigade 69
GPS: 44.105548, 15.263049
|Motorhome parking space
Parking Zadar camper
Ul. kralja Tvrtka 2A
GPS: 44.105727, 15.239764
Arrival by car
- From the north (Rijeka, Zagreb): Take the A1/E71 highway south towards Split and exit at Zadar 1. Follow the signs towards the center and then to the ferry port.
- From the south (Split): Drive north on the A1/E65 freeway and take the Zadar 2 exit, follow the signs to the center and then to the ferry port.
Arrival by bus & train
There are regular bus connections to Zadar from various cities in Croatia. Zadar’s main train station is well connected to the city and the ferry port by bus.
Arrival by plane
- Zadar Airport (ZAD): The airport is located about 9 km from the city center. You can take a cab or a shuttle bus to the ferry port.
Karte vom Fährhafen Zadar
Travel guide: Discover Zadar – the heart of the Adriatic coast
Zadar, a charming harbor town in Croatia, is a real gem on the Adriatic coast. With its rich history, breathtaking architecture and vibrant culture, Zadar offers a unique blend of traditional charm and modern flair.
Places of interest and excursions
Zadar is full of historical and natural treasures waiting to be explored:
- The Sea Organ: an architectural masterpiece that creates music through the waves of the sea.
- Greeting to the sun: A spectacular light installation that combines with the sunset and offers a magical play of colors.
- Roman ruins: stroll through the remains of the ancient forum and immerse yourself in the history of the city.
- Cathedral of St. Francis of Assisi Anastasius: An impressive example of Romanesque architecture with a breathtaking view from the bell tower.
- Museum of Ancient Glass: Discover the fascinating world of antique glassware and its manufacture.
- Krka National Park: A short excursion takes you to breathtaking waterfalls and untouched nature.
- Kornati Islands: A paradise for boat trips and discovery tours through untouched island worlds.
In Zadar there are numerous opportunities to be active and have fun:
- Sailing: Explore the Adriatic coast on a relaxing sailing tour.
- Culinary tours: Enjoy the local delicacies and discover the variety of flavors of Dalmatian cuisine.
- Hiking: Experience the natural beauty of the region on the numerous hiking trails.
Eating, drinking and shopping
Zadar offers an excellent selection of restaurants and bars where you can enjoy the local cuisine. Fresh fish, olive oil and wines are just some of the specialties you should try. The shopping options range from traditional markets to modern stores where you can find unique souvenirs.
Public transportation in Zadar is efficient and convenient. You can explore the entire city and the surrounding areas by bus. Cabs and bicycle rental are also available.
There is a wide range of accommodation in Zadar, from cozy guesthouses to luxurious hotels. Many of the accommodations offer breathtaking views of the sea and the old town.