You want to travel from Travemünde to Trelleborg? Then the Travemünde - Trelleborg ferry offers you a fast and cheap option for your trip. The ferry takes you 4 times a day in approx. 8 hours from Travemünde (Germany) to Trelleborg (Sweden).
Table of contents
Check prices and availability & book
Check the availability of your ferry connection directly with the shipping company. Enter your travel dates to check sailing times, current prices and Travemünde - Trelleborg ferry availability.
Info about the route Travemünde - Trelleborg
|Travemünde - Trelleborg ferry
|Travel time / journey time:
|approx. 8 hours
|Number of crossings:
|4 times a day
|All year round (January-December)
|until 30 minutes before departure
|››› Check price & availability
TT-Line Ferry Akka
TT-Line ferry Nils Holgersson (new construction 2022)
TT-Line Ferry Peter Pan (new construction 2022)
TT-Line Fähre Tom Sawyer
TT-Line ferry Tinker Bell
|Your ferry operator:
Port information for your journey by ferry from Travemünde to Trelleborg
As a district of the Hanseatic city of Lübeck, Travemünde is known for its promenade, which accompanies the river Trave to its mouth in the Baltic Sea. Visible from afar ...
|Address ferry harbour Travemünde
|Travemünder Landstraße, 23570 Lübeck
|Postcode & city:
|23570 Lübeck - Travemünde
Arrival by car
- Coming from Hamburg (south): Take the A1 northbound to exit 20-Bad-Schwartau. Then follow the B226 to Lübeck-Siems. There the B226 merges into the B75. Just continue on the B75 in the direction of Travemünde. The ferry port is well signposted.
- From the direction of Schwerin, Rostock (east): Take the A20 towards Lübeck as far as exit 2b Lübeck-Süd. There you change to the B207 towards Lübeck. At the Berliner Platz traffic circle, turn left from the B75 towards Travemünde. Follow the B75 for a few kilometers. The ferry port of Travemünde is then closed.
- From the direction of Kiel (north): Drive south on the B76 towards Lübeck and change to the A1 towards Lübeck until exit 19-Sereetz. Then follow the B226 to Lübeck-Siems. There the B226 merges into the B75. Just continue on the B75 in the direction of Travemünde. The ferry port is well signposted.
Arrival by bus & train
Travemünde is easily accessible by public transport. There are direct train connections to Lübeck main station and from there regional trains and buses to the ferry port of Travemünde.
Arrival by plane
- Hamburg Airport: The nearest major airport is in Hamburg. From there you can take the train to Lübeck main station and then a regional train or bus to Travemünde.
Here you will find more detailed information about the harbour, addresses of the ferry terminals, information about travelling to Travemünde, as well as all Ferries to Travemünde.
Sweden’s southernmost city offers a reconstructed Viking castle, a historic water tower and a beautiful market square. An excursion leads to a 5,000 year old dolmen surrounded by 18 other ...
|Address ferry harbour Trelleborg
|Postcode & city:
|231 62 Trelleborg
Travel to Travemündeallén/Norra Nyhamnsgatan 1, Trelleborg, Sweden
Arrival by car
- From the direction of Malmö (north): Drive south on the E6/E22. Follow the signs to Trelleborg. When you arrive in Trelleborg, follow the signs to the ferry port (Travemündeallén).
- From the direction of Ystad (east): Drive west on the E65 towards Trelleborg. In Trelleborg, follow the signs to the ferry port (Travemündeallén).
Arrival by train
Trelleborg can be reached by train from larger cities such as Malmö. The ferry terminal is just a few minutes’ walk from Trelleborg railroad station.
Arrival by plane
- Malmö Airport (MMX): The nearest airport is Malmö. From there you can travel to Trelleborg by bus, train or cab.
- Copenhagen Airport (CPH): From Copenhagen you can take the train over the Öresund Bridge to Malmö and from there on to Trelleborg.
Here you will find more detailed information about the harbour, addresses of the ferry terminals, information about travelling to Trelleborg, as well as all Ferries to Trelleborg.
Itinerary & Inspirations
Itinerary of the ferry Travemünde – Trelleborg
On the route from Travemünde to Trelleborg, only ferries of the shipping company TT-Line are currently in operation. The route between Germany and Sweden is offered up to four times a day. For the 220-kilometer connection across the Baltic Sea, the ferries need about eight hours, and the number of crossings can vary seasonally.
Start from Travemünde ferry port
With a length of 2,065 meters, Skandinavienkai in Lübeck-Travemünde is one of the largest ferry ports in Europe. The port has catering, parking and sanitary facilities. From here, ferries depart for Sweden, Finland and the Baltic States.
Journey to the port of departure Lübeck-Travemünde
By car, to A1 and A226 are the direct routes to Skandinavienkai. The same applies to the journey by train. From the Lübeck-Travemünde Skandinavienkai bus stop, take the bus directly to the ferry terminal. Alternatively, the journey from Lübeck main station is also possible with bus lines 30 and 40.
Ferry Port Lübeck-Travemünde Address:
Zum Hafenplatz 1
GPS: 53.940187, 10.852733
On board the Scandlines ferry to Trelleborg
On the Travemünde – Trelleborg ferry route, three ultra-modern and environmentally friendly ferries – the Peter Pan, the Robin Hood and the Nils Holgersson – are in operation. With different sizes, they can accommodate between 350 and 800 passengers and each has three or four vehicle decks.
What you can do during the crossing to Sweden
During the eight-hour crossing, travelers can choose from a wide range of relaxation and entertainment programs. All ferries are equipped with a sauna, and on board the Nils Holgersson and the Peter Pan you can even expect a fitness center and a whirlpool. Both ships also offer a separate casino. The TT-Line store to all ferries invites you to go shopping. During the summer months, the shipping company offers a free children’s entertainment program to all children.
These offers are available on board the ferry
The gastronomic offer on board the ferries ranges from cold and hot meals to snacks and a selection of various drinks. The offer varies depending on to booked ferry and time of day. If you wish, you can book one of the comfortable TT-Line cabins for the crossing.
Arrival at Trelleborg ferry port
The port of Trelleborg is one of the largest ports in the country and is considered an important transport hub to way from Germany to Scandinavia. There are no restaurants in the harbor itself, however, it is located within walking distance from the center of Trelleborg.
Your options in Trelleborg
Trelleborg offers its guests a colorful downtown and a picturesque water tower. If you are interested in history, you should pay a visit to the reconstructed Viking castle. Fascinating is also the 5,000 year old dolmen of Skegrie. It dates from the Neolithic period and is surrounded by 17 other rim stones. With its ferry port, the southern Swedish city of Trelleborg offers a variety of accommodation options in a wide range of categories and suitable for every budget.
Your options for onward travel from Trelleborg
Trelleborg ferry port address:
Norra Nyhamnsgatan 1b
GPS: 55.373179, 13.154197
Subscribe to newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter, don't miss any offers and be informed immediately about new ferry connections. Free of charge and can be cancelled at any time.
Alternative ferry connections
To travel from Travemünde to Trelleborg or from Germany to Sweden, you can also use one of the following alternative ferry routes:
|Start country &
Duration of trip
|Ferry Puttgarden – Rödby
|Fehmarn, GermanyLolland, Denmark
|up to 48 times a day
|Ferry Rostock – Copenhagen
approx. 4 hours
FAQ on the Travemünde - Trelleborg ferry
Here you will find answers to various questions about travelling from Travemünde to Trelleborg.