Rödby is a ferry port to Danish island of Lolland and was already an important ferry port in the Middle Ages. From here you have access to many other Danish islands and cities, such as Copenhagen and Odense. Rödby is known for its idyllic landscape, historic buildings and many opportunities for hiking and cycling. In the centre of the village you can visit the church, granaries and merchants’ farms. Rödby also has an amber museum. Near the port there are also many restaurants and stores where you can buy and enjoy local specialties.
The Lalandia amusement park, a tropical bathing paradise with numerous attractions and water slides, is extremely popular with visitors.
Table of contents
Timetable, Prices & Availability
Enter your travel details in the connection search to check times, current prices and ferry availability in the port of Rödby.
Ferry connections from & to Rödby
Here you see an overview of all ferry routes which currently call at the port of Rödby:
|Country of origin & country of destination
|Number & Duration
|Ferry Puttgarden – Rödby
|Fehmarn, GermanyLolland, Denmark
|up to 48 times a day
|Ferry Rödby – Puttgarden
|up to 48 times a day
Brief information harbour Rödby
|Danish krone (DKK)
|Europe/Copenhagen, CET (Central European Time)
Addresses & Arrival
To make your journey to Rödby easier, you will find all the important addresses in the ferry port of Rödby here.
Address ferry harbour Rödby
|Postcode & city:
|4970 Rødby / Rødbyhavn
Ferry terminals & other addresses
Scandlines ferry terminal check-in
GPS: 54.659843, 11.360038
Scandlines ferry station Rødby
GPS: 54.654431, 11.354066
Public parking lot at the ferry port
GPS: 54.655286, 11.353967
Clever Charging Station - 2x Type2 38 kW
GPS: 54.662498, 11.363067
|Motorhome parking space
GPS: 54.718038, 11.226827
Arrival by car
- From the direction of Copenhagen (north): Drive south on the E47. Follow the E47 to exit 50-Rødby and then take Færgestationsvej to the ferry port.
- From Germany (south): Via the A1 northbound, continue on the E47 in Denmark. Follow the E47 to the end, exit 50-Rødbyhavn and then follow Færgestationsvej to the ferry port.
Arrival by bus and train
- Train connections: Rödbyhavn can be reached by train from larger cities in Denmark. Rödby Færge station is close to the ferry port.
- Bus connections: There are regular bus connections to Rödbyhavn. Check local timetables for specific routes and times.
Arrival by plane
- Copenhagen Airport: The nearest major airport is in Copenhagen. From there you can take a train or a car to the Rödbyhavn ferry port.
- Local airports: Smaller airports such as Lolland Falster Airport offer limited flight connections. From there it is possible to travel by car or bus.
Karte vom Fährhafen Rödby
Travel guide: Rödby on Lolland
Welcome to Rödby, a small Danish harbor town to island of Lolland. Here you will find a charming mix of history, nature and modern life. Discover the beauty of Rödby and experience unforgettable moments!
Places of interest & excursions
There are some great sights in Rödby that you should visit. Visit the local museum, which shows the history of the city and the region. Another highlight is the 17 meter high lookout tower “Rødsbjerg”, which offers a breathtaking view over the surrounding landscape. If you love nature, you should definitely visit the nearby Maribosøerne National Park, which is a paradise for hikers, birdwatchers and nature lovers.
- Rödbyhavn: The lively harbor is the gateway to the island and a hub for ferries to Germany.
- Lalandia: A popular vacation resort with an aquadome and numerous leisure activities for the whole family.
- Knuthenborg Safaripark: Northern Europe’s largest safari park, a short drive away, offers unique animal encounters.
- Museum Lolland-Falster: Here you can find out more about the history and culture of the region.
Rödby is a paradise for outdoor activities. The landscape of the island of Lolland is perfect for cycling, hiking and fishing. If you like to relax on the beach, the city offers some beautiful beaches, such as Rødbyhavn beach, where you can enjoy the sun and swim in the clear water.
- Beach visits: Enjoy relaxing days on the picturesque beaches of the Baltic Sea coast.
- Cycling tours: Explore the beautiful landscape of Lolland on numerous cycle paths.
- Hiking: Discover nature on the hiking trails around Rödby and along the coast.
Food and drink and shopping
In Rödby you will find a variety of restaurants and cafes offering local specialties. Be sure to try the famous “Stjerneskud”, a Danish dish of smoked fish, shrimp, egg and salad. If you like shopping, you can find some stores in the center of the city where you can buy local products.
Rödby is well connected to the public transport network. There are buses that run regularly through the city and to surrounding towns. If you want to explore the island of Lolland, it is best to rent a car.
Arrival and departure
Rödby is an important port served by the ferry from Puttgarden in Germany. The terminal in Rödbyhavn is located directly in the city center and is easy to reach. If you come by car, just follow the signs to the port.
In Rödby you can find a variety of accommodations, from hotels and guesthouses to cottages and campsites. If you want to stay near the sea, we recommend you to rent one of the many apartments or cottages in the area.